Saturday, February 19, 2011

A little scare....

Just a little scare…..We spent a couple of days in Collingwood skiing this month. The house we stayed at was brand new…even had that new car smell. While we were there, I wasn’t feeling all that great. Couldn’t sleep and was having a hard time catching my breath.


When we got back to Bracebridge, I thought I should go to the clinic and see what was wrong. I do have allergies and get shots on a bi-weekly basis so I thought I had a lung or sinus infection. I just couldn’t get a full breath….didn’t feel like I had any capacity in my lungs.

Doctor says…”any stress in your life?”

I say,” Well…I work in a prison so there is always an edge”

He says…and I am not kidding here…”maybe you had a heart attack.”

If that doesn’t raise you stress level, nothing will.

Next thing I am at the hospital all wired up, chest x-rays and blood taken.

A couple of hours later…they find nothing and send me home. But I had a follow up appointment with a heart guy.

A week later I am all wired up again and riding a bike in the doctor’s office. Riding a bike is no big deal for me so I passed with flying colours.

So what caused all this?

The doc thinks (and I agree) that is was caused by all the toxics and other crap that comes with new carpeting. The place we stayed at had brand new carpet throughout so I was having a reaction to that.

Thank goodness we have hardwood floors in our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment