Monday, November 9, 2009

Small World but wouldn't want to paint it.


I move to the Carcross Community School in '77.

Here is a story from the "small world but I wouldn't want to paint it' file.

When I first arrived at Carcross, I lived in the big building for a bit and then in the Yellow house with Duck and Lee. At the end of the summer, I took a little tour outside. I took the train to Skayway (the raod wasn't built) and the ferry down the coast to Prince Rupert. I continued on to Prince George and eventually returned to Carcross the second week on September. All the students had arrived and I moved up to the cabin on the hill with Lavel, Janis Clark, Dirk, Anne Nicholson, Carol Ruhnke and, I think, Mark Witt.

Janis Clark, Stanleigh Cole and Carol Ruhnke at the Carcross desert.

Carol and I were comparing notes one night and found out that our grandparents use to live next store to each other in Guelph Ontario. In fact, Carol's dad and my uncle Mark were best friends growing up! Both our grandparents were professors at University of Guelph. Small world! Then it turned out that Janis Clark's grandfather was also a professor at Guelph and he lived around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment